Choosing the perfect hotel for your broadcasting and film production crew’s stay in Tunisia is crucial for a comfortable and convenient experience. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the top-rated hotels, rated 3-stars or higher, in various cities across Tunisia. From Tunis to Sbeitla, Sidi Bousid, Djerba and others, we will delve into the pros and cons of each hotel, taking into account factors such as accessibility, car traffic, accommodations, services, parking, and more. We will also highlight the best locations to stay for specific work areas. Let’s discover the ideal hotels to ensure a successful stay for your crew in the vibrant world of entertainment and media.
a) Hotel du Parc:
- Pros: Centrally located, providing easy access to major attractions, business districts, and broadcasting facilities. The hotel offers spacious rooms, excellent customer service, and a wide range of amenities suitable for media professionals.
- Cons: Limited on-site parking, which may pose challenges for crews with multiple vehicles.
b) Hotel Ibis:
- Pros: Strategically situated in Tunis, Hotel Ibis offers comfortable rooms, friendly service, and modern amenities tailored to the needs of the production industry. It provides a convenient base for exploring the city’s broadcasting and film scene.
- Cons: Some guests have reported subpar services, which could impact the overall experience. However, its location and suitability for media professionals make it a viable choice.
c) Novotel Tunis:
- Pros: Located in a vibrant area of Tunis, Novotel offers contemporary rooms, excellent facilities, and a dedicated business center. It provides a comfortable and professional environment for broadcast and film crews.
- Cons: Traffic congestion can be heavy in this area, particularly during peak hours, which may affect accessibility. However, its amenities and services cater to the needs of the media industry.
d) Dar El Jeld:
- Pros: Situated in the historic medina of Tunis, Dar El Jeld offers a unique and traditional atmosphere suitable for media professionals seeking inspiration. It provides comfortable rooms and a taste of local culture.
- Cons: The hotel is not easily accessible by car, and limited parking facilities are available nearby. Additionally, traffic to get to the medina can be congested. However, its cultural charm and proximity to media-related locations in Tunis make it an intriguing option.
e) Tiba Hotel:
- Pros: Tiba Hotel provides cozy rooms and a friendly atmosphere. It is conveniently located near the city center and offers easy access to restaurants and shops.
- Cons: Limited parking facilities and occasional heavy traffic in the surrounding area might pose challenges for crews with vehicles.
f) Carlton Hotel:
- Pros: Carlton Hotel offers elegant accommodations and a prime location in Tunis. It provides a luxurious experience and is known for its excellent service.
- Cons: Due to its central location, heavy traffic and limited parking options can be problematic, especially during peak hours.
g) Hotel La Maison Blanche:
- Pros: A luxurious hotel with elegant decor, situated in the heart of Tunis. It offers well-appointed rooms and a convenient location near key destinations.
- Cons: Traffic congestion during peak hours due to its central location may inconvenience crew members commuting to filming locations.
- Pros: Royal Victoria Hotel boasts a historic charm and an excellent location in the heart of Tunis. It offers elegant rooms and a memorable experience for guests.
- Cons: Parking facilities are limited, and heavy traffic in the surrounding area can be challenging to navigate, particularly during peak hours.
i) Majestic Hotel:
- Pros: Majestic Hotel offers comfortable accommodations and a convenient location. It provides easy access to major attractions and is suitable for both business and leisure travelers.
- Cons: While the hotel offers decent amenities, some guests have reported subpar services, affecting the overall experience.
- Pros: Laico Tunis Hotel is a well-appointed establishment with spacious rooms and modern amenities. It provides a comfortable stay for guests.
- Cons: Several guests have reported poor service and a lack of attention to detail, which may impact the overall satisfaction of crew members.
k) Africa Hotel:
- Pros: Situated in the heart of Tunis, Africa Hotel offers a central location and comfortable rooms. It is within walking distance of major attractions and public transportation.
- Cons: Several guests have expressed dissatisfaction with the hotel’s services, including slow response times and poor customer service.
a) Hotel La Kasbah:
- Pros: Located in the heart of Kasserine, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and a friendly atmosphere. Provides easy access to nearby restaurants and shops.
- Cons: Limited parking facilities, and the city’s traffic might be a concern during busy hours.
a) Movenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse:
- Pros: A beachfront property with breathtaking views and direct access to the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel boasts modern rooms, a spa, swimming pools, and multiple dining options.
- Cons: The hotel’s popularity among tourists can result in crowded areas, particularly during peak seasons.
b) Riadh Palms Hotel:
- Pros: This hotel is located near the city center and provides a range of amenities, including a swimming pool, restaurants, and bars. It offers comfortable accommodations for crews.
- Cons: Limited parking facilities, and the proximity to the city center may lead to occasional traffic congestion.
a) Les Oliviers Palace:
- Pros: Centrally located, Les Oliviers Palace offers spacious rooms, professional staff, and a rooftop pool with panoramic views of the city. It provides a serene atmosphere for relaxation.
- Cons: Limited parking space, which might be a concern for larger crews with multiple vehicles.
b) Hotel Ibis:
- Pros: Strategically situated in Sfax, Hotel Ibis offers comfortable rooms, friendly service, and modern amenities. It caters to both business and leisure travelers.
- Cons: While the hotel provides adequate facilities, some may find it lacks the upscale features of higher-end establishments.
c) Business Hotel:
- Pros: Positioned in a convenient location, the Business Hotel offers well-appointed rooms and a range of amenities tailored to business travelers. It boasts meeting rooms and conference facilities.
- Cons: Limited parking space, which might be a concern for crews with larger vehicles or multiple cars.
a) Sufetula Hotel:
- Pros: Hotel Sufetula offers comfortable accommodations and a convenient location near the ancient Roman ruins of Sbeitla. It provides a peaceful environment for relaxation and serves as a base for filming documentaries or historical productions.
- Cons: Limited dining options within walking distance, and the hotel’s facilities may be relatively basic compared to larger establishments. However, its proximity to historical sites makes it an appealing choice for film crews.
Note: If you plan to work in Kasserine or Sidi Bousid, it is preferable to stay in Sbeitla due to its proximity and convenient access to these areas.
a) Sangho Village Djerba:
- Pros: This family-friendly hotel offers a range of amenities suitable for media crews, including swimming pools, sports facilities, and entertainment options. It provides comfortable rooms and easy access to nearby attractions.
- Cons: The hotel’s popularity among families and tourists can lead to increased noise levels during peak seasons. However, its suitability for accommodating crews and proximity to Djerba’s film and media scene make it a suitable choice.
b) Radisson Blu Palace Resort & Thalasso, Djerba:
- Pros: Situated on the picturesque island of Djerba, the Radisson Blu offers luxurious rooms, a thalassotherapy spa, and a private beach. It provides a serene and upscale experience for media crews seeking a relaxing retreat after filming.
- Cons: Traffic congestion can occur on the island, particularly during busy tourist seasons. However, its luxurious amenities and suitability for media professionals make it an appealing choice.
Note: The distance from Djerba Tunis is approximately 475 km (295 miles) (a direct 60 min flight is possible and there is around 14 flights everyday).
– If you plan to work in Ras Jdir, staying on Djerba island is the best location due to its proximity and convenient access.
a) Hotel Palm Beach Palace Tozeur:
- Pros: Located in Tozeur, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and a range of amenities suitable for media crews. It provides easy access to Tozeur’s attractions, including the nearby Sahara Desert.
- Cons: Limited parking facilities and occasional heavy traffic in the area can be challenging for crews with vehicles. However, its proximity to filming locations and the unique desert landscape make it an appealing choice.
a) Hotel Dakyanus:
- Pros: Situated in Tatouine, this hotel offers comfortable accommodations and a convenient location for exploring the surrounding area. It provides easy access to the famous Ksour region, known for its distinctive architecture.
- Cons: Limited dining options within walking distance, and the hotel’s facilities may be relatively basic compared to larger establishments. However, its proximity to iconic filming locations makes it a desirable choice for crews.
a) Diar el Barbar:
- Pros: Located in Matmata, Diar el Barbar offers a unique and traditional experience for media crews. The hotel features cave-style rooms and showcases the architectural heritage of the region.
- Cons: The hotel’s location in the remote Matmata region may result in limited amenities and dining options. However, its authenticity and proximity to iconic filming locations, such as the Star Wars film sets, make it a memorable choice for crews.
Note: When planning productions in Tozeur, Tataouine, and Matmata, it’s important to consider the limited hotel options available in these remote areas. Booking accommodations in advance and preparing for limited amenities can help ensure a smoother stay for your crew.
Choosing the right hotel for your film crew in Tunisia is crucial for a successful experience. While cities like Tunis and Djerba offer suitable options, areas like Sbeitla, Sidi Bousid, Kasserine, and Ras Jdir may have limited high-quality hotels. Consider alternatives or nearby cities with better options, factoring in accessibility, accommodations, services, and parking for a comfortable and productive stay. Well-equipped accommodations ensure your crew can create compelling content for various media outlets in Tunisia’s vibrant landscape.